Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 24 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  big chicken Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm

And then when during his death investigation Maria and Liz stopped to groove to a free concert by Nelly Furtado.
I remember screaming at the TV, "NANCY DREW WOULD NOT APPROVE!" when they did that.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Brendan Fehr had lived in Winnipeg and someone got his aunts phone number somehow and we once called that poor woman and asked if Brendan was home. Thank God we had a teacher who was like what in the hell are you doing?
omg, lol

I think crashdown.com is still around, actually.

trying to think of the craziest fan thing I did, at least in terms of celebrity contact . . . probably message Anne M Martin in like 1993 or 94 on Prodigy (speaking of remembering stuff . . . ) so many times that either her or her secretary messaged me back that I was sending too many question. Damn, Anne M. Martin. I just loved the baby-sitters club that much, is that a crime

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:06 pm

When I was 12, I was thisclose to calling all the Renfros in the phone book when I was on vacation near Knoxville before my sister found me. I was so mad at her. Brad and I were MEANT TO BE!!111!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 pm

We would have had to throw down over Brad Renfro at age 12, then, inversed. If I'd gotten anywhere near Knoxville, I would have wanted to do the same thing. As it was, I just settled for coming up with fantasies with my bff where he and Mike Vitar would film a movie in Minnesota and they would meet us and fall in love.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 am

oh man you just made me remember when this girl I knew in 8th grade wrote a whole notebook of a fanfic of herself meeting Hanson and she showed me some of it and I was like oh yeah this is good I want to read the ending. And then my and my friend read it and made fun of it after school the whole rest of the day. We were such assholes. Not to her face though.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 am

I didn't know what fanfic was when I was 14, but I remember writing what I guess could be considered a fanfic for the soap Passions that was really more of a parody.  It was such a hilariously bad/great show, and I remember sitting there with a notebook and my sister and I would write fake episodes where the most ridiculous things would happen.  I was also SUPER obsessed with ER, and I remember once writing not an actual story (too lazy), but little paragraphs about all of the characters and what I wanted to ultimately happen to them.  I think this was when George Clooney left, so Doug and Carol were broken up and I was devastated, so I would write scenarios where they would get back together and I would write happy endings for everybody else I liked and horrible endings for everybody I hated.  I had enough shame/dignity not to share this with others, though.  I also probably would not have tweeted Noah Wyle or whoever.  I hope.

I had a friend who was super obsessed with Freddie Prinze, Jr.  I only thought he was alright, but I had enough of my own whackadoo obsessions that I got where she was coming from.  The internet was just starting to become really available and we would go to the school library before classes in the mornings and go to all of her favorite Freddie Prinze, Jr. message boards.  I was 14, so I was kind of an asshole, and I would totally troll the boards and post comments just to be a brat and piss people off (stuff like "leave Kimberly McCullough/Sarah Michelle Gellar/whoever he was dating at the time alone!  He's never going to date YOU!").  This one girl e-mailed me to tell me to stop being a jerk, and we ended up being e-mail pen pals for like a year.  I don't know why we stopped writing to each other, but since I'm still alive I guess she didn't turn out to be a 40-year-old child murderer posing as a teenage girl, so I guess that's a good thing.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 pm

there is a SPN fan on my tumblr dash who is starting to become psychotic over how psychotic the other fans are, strangely enough. Like they used to be chill over on lj and I think tumblr has introduced them daily to the super insane parts of the fandom. Everyday now it's like a rant over how awful SPN fandom is and I'm like, is this seriously news to you? just stop tracking the damn tag already, it's not gonna change.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 am

They cast an actress from the OC as a love interest for Misha Collins on Supernatural. The freak-outs are glorious.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 am

The fan letter than Bryan Cranston read on Conan tonight is the textbook definition of psychotic fan. A fan was telling him she wanted to have sex with Aaron Paul, and for him to watch. Oy. I wanted to believe it was a made up letter, but knowing fandom, I'm sure it's all too real.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 am

oh my God whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would they read that on tv. the fan was probably thrilled, not humiliated

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Did Cranston look disturbed or did he laugh it off?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

You can watch it here.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Does anyone know more about this? Someone told me that some Supernatural exec or writer got on twitter, said that Misha Collins' and Jensen Ackles' characters would never actually hook up, and the fans went ballistic on him and he deleted his twitter.

Truly, this fandom is the gift that keeps on giving.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Fandom Wank has a write up on it. Haven't read it all, but they have plenty of links to the details.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 pm

thanks!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 pm

chibimanda wrote:Fandom Wank has a write up on it.  Haven't read it all, but they have plenty of links to the details.
Among those links is this from a SPN actor (it says...I don't watch the show):

That isn't to say they don't care about the fandom, cause that is faaaar from the truth. They are online and they love to interact with the fandom because they do care. Same goes with the cast.
Except Jensen that is, who lives under a rock. Everyday he yells "Thank you so much! I-I just.. thank you!" at the router on set because Jared explained to him that's where the SPNFamily hangs out.
I think the show runners draw straws over whose going to poke the fandom every 6 months.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:26 pm

I've recently gotten into Scandal and the cast and crew's presence on Twitter is generally fun.  However, I have a feeling this is going to hit the fan at some point because there are some seriously intense fans, especially the Fitz/Olivia shippers. One of the main directors of Scandal, Tom Verica, tweets behind the scenes pictures.  I honestly don't know if he was just having fun teasing things or if he genuinely wanted to troll, but he tweeted "Who dat in Liv's bed?" and this pic: http://instagram.com/p/gevTQCEF3b/  I don't think he was quite banking on the responses he got of "don't love you anymore!!!!! Ugh!!!!", "Nice to know Scandal has a death wish. Learn from the sliding ratings before it's too late. Won't be watching 310.", "Pics like this are why #Scandal has lost 2 mill viewers & nearly 2 full points in the demo since 301."  People were tweeting this pic to Tony Goldwyn, whose response was "And the fandom goes cray-cray", which had me laughing.  I mean, really.  Those are the types of fans that just have to make actors and crew (and sane people) want to stay away from the Internet.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:12 am

Ahahaha! Has Goldwyn gotten any flak for his flippant response? Also, I loved Tom Verica as Papa Pryor on American Dreams and didn't know he was directing now. So glad for his success behind the camera!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Ahahaha! Has Goldwyn gotten any flak for his flippant response?
No, he seemed more amused than anything because really, how else could you take this?  Some people appealed to him, saying this is so not cool that Jake keeps happening, Olivia/Fitz being on the back burner,... There's a lot of whining. And then, there are a few people miffed because of what Fitz did at the end of the last episode.  He doesn't write the scripts!  Be mad at Shonda Rhimes and the writers, if you want to be mad at someone, and even then, it's so silly.  

To be fair, there were also plenty of people who responded to him saying something like, "Please know most fans can differentiate between fact and fiction, and those people are embarrassing."

Then, Tom Verica had to post an update, "People, thought it was obvious. My #peepingtom pics do NOT necessarily reflect shows content. Deep breaths."

I'm usually not into watching Twitter mayhem, but this was kind of funny.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:52 am

As long as no one is stalking or threatening the cast or writers, I'm sure they all have a damn good laugh at stupid shit like that. I certainly would! It's just crazy to get that huffy with ACTUAL PEOPLE over fictional characters and plots. I mean I have characters and ships that I adore, but I'd never berate the cast or crew who bring them to life (to their faces or through social media) just cuz I hate something that's happening on whatever show I watch. It's just inane!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 pm

I also don't know what it is about Shonda shows that attracts people who also want the actors to get together in real life. There was a vocal Dempsey/Pompeo faction in Grey's Anatomy fandom and there is a similar group in Scandal fans. Who are of course convinced that Kerry Washington is really pregnant with Tony Goldwyn's child. Crazy tinhatters, not limited to Supernatural.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Truly, any time two actors have good chemistry on screen, there are some real-life shippers. I remember being very baffled by this phenomenon in my first online fandom. The X-Files fandom called those fans snoggers. They got so mad when David Duchovny got married to Tea Leoni. They trashed her. It was weird and sad. I almost feel worse for the spouses since it must already not be easy to see your significant other have so much chemistry, no matter how TV fake, with someone else, and on top of that, you're called all sorts of names and your relationship is being bad-mouthed. Ick. Though this thread has shown in the past that Supernatural fans seem to have taken this to the next level!

I saw an interview with Tony Goldwyn where he said his wife just doesn't watch the show, which I understand, and his daughters are just like, "Eww, dad", which is hilarious.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 am

Bumping this, because I've discovered tumblr...which scares me.

Especially the Cumberbatch/Hiddleston fans......JESUS CHRIST

DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:40 am

Hee. I had such a shameful crush on David Duchovny back in the day. I remember my dad calling me from work (and he worked in construction, so he probably had to like, make an effort to get to a phone to call me. He is hateful) to GLEEFULLY tell me that DD had gotten married to Tea Leoni. I was crushed.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 am

Oooh, MEAN!
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down