Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 14 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Lainey's freak out over how Chris Evans is smug and acting like Joaquin Phoenix because he said its nice to see how excited his mom is about things by the oscars maybe the most what the fuck, huh? freak out shes had in a while.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 14 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Kiran wrote:Lainey's freak out over how Chris Evans is smug and acting like Joaquin Phoenix because he said its nice to see how excited his mom is about things by the oscars maybe the most what the fuck, huh? freak out shes had in a while.

It doesn't even make any sense either, because last night was the first time he'd ever been to the Oscars.

Whatever. Lisa Evans is a national treasure and she could take Lainey in a fight any day.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

As soon as I saw this thread was bumped, I had a feeling that's what it would be about. Yeah, definitely reaching. He was obviously saying it's exciting bringing a total newb to a Hollywood event. And I'm sure it is a blast watching your mom freak out seeing Jack Nicholson and Michael Douglas. While for Chris himself, he's probably seen those guys at a dozen other events/parties. That doesn't mean he's saying he's just so over it and too cool for school.

And this tweet last night cracked me up.
@LaineyGossip
Kristen Stewart one of the very last to arrive at #Oscars, a move that belongs to the biggest deal.
lol, okay Lainey. We get it. The Academy obviously felt KStew was a bigger deal than Lawrence, Hathaway, Ben Affleck, Adele, Nicole Kidman, George Clooney, etc.

swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

I love how you could tell she hated admitting Jennifer Lawrence is a delight too. You could tell because she prefaced that no one thought Lawrence was the most worthy candidate (I frankly did.) Just the most popular. And then ended that eventually she will have the charm beaten out of her like they all do.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 am

I'm pretty sure Lawrence has the most critics' wins, or she's at least right up there. So yes Lainey, many, many people DID think she was the best in that category, even some snobby film critics. But honestly, she was the frontrunner from September on, but Lainey spent months talking about how hesitant people were to reward her...as she was winning constantly. I don't know why she was so reluctant to just admit that yes, barring a big upset, Jen was likely going to win. Watching last night, it was clear just how liked Lawrence is. It felt almost like a coronation.

That said, I do appreciate her column on Leo flirting it up with Jen. I hope they do something together. I think he might be perfect in her next project, The Ends of the Earth.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 am

I liked it too. It was actually interesting gossip, but just the way she framed it made me both laugh and roll my eyes for the reasons you stated.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 am

There's a woman on another board that is spitting nails mad that Jennifer Lawrence won over Emmanuelle Riva. To the point she's accusing Harvey Weinstein of buying the Oscar for Jen and no one in their right minds would have voted for anyone but Riva. Even though it was pointed out that Jennifer's gotten lots of great reviews for her performance in SLP as well as other awards this season. So Laney's got some followers out there.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Y'all, Blake Lively skipped awards season and got fired from a role in favor of an Oscar nominee, meaning she didn't have to go through the hassle of promoting a critically acclaimed film. How does she DO that?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

I just love that her first post-Oscar piece is to satiate the burning question on EVERYONE'S mind: Where was Blake Lively and what is she doing lately?

I would love to know why Chris Evans grinds her so hard.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:29 pm

blixie wrote:
I would love to know why Chris Evans grinds her so hard.

I wouldn't mind Chris Evans...I'll just see myself out.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Wasn't Chris Evans in that one junket where she talked about how celebs play games amongst themselves that they assume the reporters aren't aware of?

Also, I read on ONTD that Chris Evans has legit anxiety issues, as in he's had therapy for it and everything, so I find him taking his mom with him even more endearing now.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:30 pm

maxell131313 wrote:There's a woman on another board that is spitting nails mad that Jennifer Lawrence won over Emmanuelle Riva. To the point she's accusing Harvey Weinstein of buying the Oscar for Jen and no one in their right minds would have voted for anyone but Riva. Even though it was pointed out that Jennifer's gotten lots of great reviews for her performance in SLP as well as other awards this season. So Laney's got some followers out there.
Oscar watchers have lost their minds about Jennifer being a frontrunner this season (and also Argo stealing the Oscars that Lincoln deserves and being a dumbed-down Zero Dark Thirty, but anyway...). Not all of them, but enough for quite a bit of vitriol to be sent her way. AwardsDaily has been particularly vile, but that's just how Oscars watchers can roll when their favorites don't win--they go scorched earth on the competition. Lainey's just a gossip columnist--now why one would be in tank for KStew of all people is a mystery to me--but essentially she comes from the same place as one of those Twihards who hid US Weekly with the frozen waffles last summer, and wants everything about Kristen and Bella to be the best ever! I get her being infuriated about JLaw's success a lot more than a fortysomething Oscar blogger who's been in the game for 15-20 years.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Lainey's disliked Chris Evans for a while though. She admitted she thought he was charming at that junket actually, but since long before that shes thought of him as a jersey shore meathead type. I mean I guess hes no Aaron Johnson so...

In all seriousness her taste is weird. She also finds Chris Hemsworth gross but "gets hard" for Liam Hemsworth. Who looks like a slightly less attractive version of Chris Hemsworth.

Her posts about Jennifer Lawrence continue to be hilarious, as do her posts about Britney. I love how shes like I AM TEASING AN IMPENDING BREAKDOWN BECAUSE HER HAIR IS BROWN. She also looks better than she has since 2004 and is still under her dad's care so...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Who doesn't like Chris Evans? He is both scorching hot and adorable! Lainey confuses me.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 pm

I am dying with laughter over Lainey's suggestion that Rachel McAdams should hook up with Jake Gyllenhaal now that she's broke up with Michael Sheen.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm

She also hates Tom Hiddleston and Robert Pattinson, and I'm pretty sure she found both of them charming before her affections suddenly did a 180. She's so fickle. I'm waiting for her to turn on Nicholas Hoult next.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Wah, she broke up with Michael Sheen? I like Jake, and if anything, I think he's bi, just because I think Reese is too fierce to be anyone's beard. But obviously what needs to happen now is the Gosling/Mendes breakup; they're both older and wiser and it's time for McGosling Part 2.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Jude wrote:She also hates Tom Hiddleston and Robert Pattinson, and I'm pretty sure she found both of them charming before her affections suddenly did a 180. She's so fickle. I'm waiting for her to turn on Nicholas Hoult next.

She turned on Hiddleston because he's too, IDK, sincere? on Twitter. It apparently gives her secondhand embarrassment that he's publicly a nice, upbeat person.

She definitely never liked Evans and has been reaching for a reason beyond "I don't personally find him attractive" for awhile. Whatever, I don't personally find Chris Pine attractive, but I'm not pressed that he's famous. Maybe she just really wanted Aaron Taylor-Whatever to be Captain America.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm getting annoyed at her insistence that Jennifer Lawrence wasn't as good as the rest of her field. The come on in her article today really irritated me. Its the idea that you must be on crack if you believe she was better. I did think she was better. Riva was wonderful, but comatose for a lot of her movie, Watts was in a film I didn't like though her performance was great, and I thought Chastain was fantastic but her role didn't allow her to stretch much.

Like, sit down, Lainey.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

And it's just dumb, because you only have to look at her list of awards from this year to see that even those snobby film critics chose her over and over again. Fact is, she was the most acclaimed actress this year. You can subjectively prefer the other nominees, of course, but to act like Lawrence's performance wasn't loved and just as, if not more, praised than Chastain or Riva, is objectively just not true. That Oscar was basically hers from the minute the theater let out at the TIFF premiere. All other speculation has just been people desperately trying to latch onto an alternative and make her a contender. Lawrence was in the lead all fall/winter.

And no Lainey, I'm still not buying that she and Stewart are any more than cordial acquaintances, hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm

I get the feeling they are the celebrity version of coworkers who work for the same company, but in different states but like each other and grab a drink at the national conference and shoot back the occasional joke email on office outlook.

I find it hilarious shes focusing on her friendship with Stewart and not her friendship with Emma Stone, especially because of that show out Lawrence made to Stone on the red carpet.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Yeah, that's kind of why I eye rolled over it. They have franchises in the same studio and Stewart needs all the positive press she can find these days. The article just came off as desperate to me. But I'm hardly shocked this is what Lainey chooses to focus on, 3 days after the ceremony.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi girls! I'm new to this forum but wanted to join because I enjoy a good discussion about the most controversial (for lack of a better word) gossip bloggers. Especially LaineyGossip since she doesn't allow comments on her site so it often feels like an itch I can't scratch. Anyway, her gossip coverage has been bothering me for quite some time now. It's becoming increasingly more hypocritical. And lazy. And manipulative. And the whole Stewart coverage is all over the place, she's working different angles and covering her own ass at the same time. So there's always a worship article balanced out by one obligatory calling her out on something dumb she said. Or work one narrative on her blog and another on a different one. Around TIFF she defended her on her blog but bashed her on Globe And Mail. Then had her friend write an article calling her out again on her blog. And now she pretty much ignores all Stewart gossip or has one of her writers cover basic stuff that is going around all over the internet. Isn't it supposed to be her shtick, on which she is basing her entire brand, to analyze exactly these kinds of gossip stories? Exposing celebrities and their manipulative ways? I have a feeling she got played at TIFF when she went ahead and announced that it was communicated to the members of the press that Stewart and Pattinson got back together, except nobody else picked up the story for a while and she was left standing exposed as being on the in with Stewart's team. And it feels as though she's been trying to cover up that fact by being very reserved and calculative when reporting on her ever since. So what do you guys think? Is it just me?

Also, I read through the whole thread and I agree with everyone who said how her online persona is in sharp contrast with her tv persona. The whole concept of her blog and the fact she takes pride in calling it like it is falls short when she has to kiss ass of the same people she tears down. I mean, the constant James Franco ripping is a great example. She has a special drive when it comes to him. And then there was that time when she had to bend over for him when interviewing him at the Oscars (when he was the host) and had to take his attitude with a smile on her face. Since then, all her bashing, however true, just comes off as ramblings of a girl with a bruised ego to me. Where was all that snark when she was face to face with him?

Last edited by siboney on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar mistake)

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Eh, she ended up being right about Robsten, so that's bragging rights more than anything else.

Speaking of which, did she honestly break the stories about Michelle Williams/Jason Segal and Rachel McAdams/Michael Sheen dating? Because all of the "as I reported EXCLUSIVELY" mentions were so annoying, hee. I could swear I heard about both those couples from multiple sources.

Although, it does suck that these days it feels like she's the only gossip columnist who gets any actual scoops. Ted is gone (and had become totally irrelevant even before he left). Perez, dlisted, celebitchy, all just summarize stories that other outlets come out with. TMZ gets the dish when it comes to legal issues, but that's really it. And radaronline just makes shit up unless they're reporting on a Real Housewives feud. Don't ANY of these people have connections anymore?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

I would say Finke gets scoops. And while I still lament the loss of Movieline magazine, the Hollywood Reporter isn't totally a mouthpiece and attempts some real journalism, where you question and critique your subjects as often as praise and glorify them.

I do think Lainey is very right about the D List cottage industry and the degradation of The Movie Star. It is amazing that most of the big names haven't had major hits outside of a franchise in ages and ages.

In general with so many reality stars ready, willing, and able to tell you every thing about their personal dramas, there's no reason for entertainment journalist to fight through the layers and layers of PR flacks to find out dirt on more guarded and top of the line celebrities. Although conversely I think that makes gossip rags, and sleazy papparazzi outlets even more determined to catch them out.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next