Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 26 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Jude Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

OK, thanks. That makes (some) sense. She seems the type to carry a grudge forever and a day.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 26 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Jordan Baker Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm

What I'd like to know is why she seems to have such strong, negative feelings about Amber Heard. In the weeks leading up to its release, I saw the trailer for Paranoia all the damn time and still had no idea Heard was even in it, so it seems odd to me that Lainey seems to be placing the blame for the movie bombing on Liam Hemsworth and Heard in equal measure.

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I think she hates Amber Heard for the same reasons she hates Ashley Greene. They are both not that talented, but very pretty girls who like to call the paparazzi on themselves. Personally I don't think they have enough personality to hate although I read an interview in which Heard went on and on about Ayn Rand and I've side eyed her for that since.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 pm

I think Lainey also LOVES Vanessa, so Johnny dumping her and taking up with a 25-year old C-lister is just insulting.

And yeah, she seems to have big-time issues with celebs who she deems as punching above their weight class. She wants people to know their place. Because, you know, Hollywood is so not about ambition or ego and only those with merit reach the A-list. But yeah, I think those feelings play into her antipathy for Pattinson, Biel, Alba, Greene, Heard, etc.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Its weird because in Pattinson's case...he is getting a-list parts...and while I think Kristen Stewart has shown talent in the past I've generally found him to show more personality on screen then she has in the last few years.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 am

I think Lainey also LOVES Vanessa, so Johnny dumping her and taking up with a 25-year old C-lister is just insulting.
That's a big part of it, coupled with the fact Heard seemed to dump her longtime girlfriend to hook up with Depp, in Lainey's view Heard is pretending not to be lesbian anymore to further her career. Because again, bisexuals don't exist in her world, and are just self hating gays. She had like three pieces when the Johnny/Vanessa break up stuff was going down and Heard was rumored to be involved, about how duh, he's not getting with Heard she is an OUT lesbian, because...lesbian lesbian lesbian. God I really hate Lainey, and I've finally stopped hate checking her site first thing, a site that's now mostly full of her friends saying equally stupid shit about clothes, sex, naming you kid, movies, and mommy culture. Ugh.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm

blixie wrote:She had like three pieces when the Johnny/Vanessa break up stuff was going down and Heard was rumored to be involved, about how duh, he's not getting with Heard she is an OUT lesbian, because...lesbian lesbian lesbian.
Ah, so Heard committed the cardinal sin of making Lainey look wrong about something. Suddenly it makes sense.

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Like..is it really hard to google Jamie Chung/Bryan Greenberg and find out from said googling that they've been dating two years not like a month? I don't even really care about either of them but I guess it just bothers me because is that site even a gossip site anymore or is it just what Lainey is into this week? Don't answer that, I know.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Bumping to say I think Duana may be worse then Lainey? Describing Charisma Carpenter being almost murdered by a serial rapist/killer as "encountered a creepy guy and is exploiting it now"? Describing Catherine Zeta-Jones being open about being Bipolar with:

she’s come out of some fragility and hospital stays seeming rather well, but seems like she now is the woman who says inappropriate things and doesn’t have the social graces we assumed of her when she was younger.
...Like...what?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Kiran wrote:Bumping to say I think Duana may be worse then Lainey? Describing Charisma Carpenter being almost murdered by a serial rapist/killer as "encountered a creepy guy and is exploiting it now"? Describing Catherine Zeta-Jones being open about being Bipolar with:

she’s come out of some fragility and hospital stays seeming rather well, but seems like she now is the woman who says inappropriate things and doesn’t have the social graces we assumed of her when she was younger.
...Like...what?
That sounds A LOT like she's blaming her for her own mental illness. "Fragility"? Lack of "social graces"? WTF.

Anyway, I have also basically quit Lainey, because as you said, there is very little actual gossip anymore. I can read much more entertaining rants here from you guys about stuff I already know.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 am

I seriously get 80% of my entertainment news from you guys (EW provides the other 20%) since I don't really watch Access Hollywood anymore. Who needs Lainey's snide crap when I can get all the major scoop filtered by fellow snarkers?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 pm

That Charisma Carpenter jab was infuriating. I went and read the actual story of what happened and how someone can downplay it is mind boggling.

Oh Lainey, let's not even pretend like KStew's Balenciaga campaign wasn't also teased out for MONTHS. You know, back when it was actually new and the whole point was to publicize it and saturate the fashion market? I'm also not sure you can compare two campaigns when one is just a single image for magazine ads and the other is a short film and a bunch of tv spots. It's kind of obvious there'll be more hype and images leaked for the latter.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 pm

That article also reminded me how her Justin timberlake hate on has gotten weird. Why would be be fuming at Miley? Sure she got the majority of the attention but it's all negative. Meanwhile everyone pretty much agreed he was the best thing about the vmas.

I still can't believe she's gonna have a talk show.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:17 pm

At this point, most of her shit is just personal, I think. She's all "You just wait until I sit behind my computer and channel my inner high school mean girl which I will present as cerebral gossip analysis". Then 3 days later she has to bend over for pretty much those same people when she gets sent on a junket. And always the regulars on her shit list. Adds someone new every now and then. Probably something went down that pissed her off. Either with the publicists or the celebs themselves.

Someone mentioned that Pattinson may have refused her an interview in the past or something. I remember something about him mistaking her for some other Asian lady at some party way back when Twilight was just starting. Something like that. So she's like a dog with a bone now.... and Kstew's publicist on speed dial.
Also, she doesn't give up good gossip for free anymore, you have to pay to attend some kind of gossip school tour she does all over Canada. ??? She's a fraud.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Well she does still post the occasional blind but it becomes an issue of wondering if it needs to be de-Laineyed before you can get to the actual truth. Is Reese really a total hell beast to her nannies or is this an extension of Lainey's already perfectly obvious Reese-hatred? There's no real way to know.

To be fair it's not like this wasn't an issue with Ted C. too. See re: every thinly veiled blind about Jennifer Garner or Angelina Jolie, both of whom had the gall to refuse him entry at events.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I didn't know that about Ted C. Makes sense.
Although this would be rich coming from Lainey who claims she has no interest in socializing with the celebs or being a part of their world. Purely cerebral gossip agenda on her part. As far as I remember, at least Ted C. never pretended to be anything but a gossip blogger.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm

I think the asian thing was Michael Phelps because I remember up until that point she was very into him.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:09 pm

No, I know about the Michael Phelps thing. This was different. It was very early on when they were filming the second film I think. Apparently there was a party in Vancouver, Pattinson was there and he saw an Asian lady and asked her if she was Lainey from LaineyGossip. And someone saw this happen and word spread. I'm not sure it went down exactly like that but that's the gist.
It was when she had just started covering Twilight gossip all the time on her blog and had insiders all over the city.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I totally believe that because I can tell Rob Pattinson reads her site. I remember him doing an interview with Reese Witherspoon during Water for Elephants where he was asked if he could be invisible, what would he do? And he said he'd go to a hotel swimming pool because doesn't like anyone to see him, that he has wide hips. And that's specifically one of the things Lainey has ragged him about, saying he has "mothering hips." She also mocks him for his hands, which I'm pretty sure he's mentioned as well.

She's just such a junior high school mean girl.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Actually, from what I remember, it was that he met a radio dj/entertainment reporter at a party in Vancouver and when realizing what she did for a living, he was all, "You're not Lainey, are you?" The dj herself was the one who told the story a couple years later and she thought it was funny.

I've always thought she flipped on him mostly for hits. Back in the day, his popularity dwarfed Kristen's, so she sided with the edgier, cooler choice to piss off the Twi-fans. Then Sarah/kstew411 started writing for her, and the rest is superfan history.

And while we're on the subject of her Kristen stanning, her last column on Rooney Mara killed me. I could never have imagined that a Gwyneth/KStew hybrid could annoy her so much.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Yeah, I have to say I've decided to stop reading. There's very little news, and what little there is is pretty ill informed. For example she was claiming Armie Hammer didn't get the part of Batman in Man of Steel because the Lone Ranger flopped, when it's more likely it's because Affleck is a bigger star and Armie is already doing The Man from Uncle with Cavill already so it would be a bit weird for them both to be starring in two movies together coming out around the same time. If you think you deserve to be teaching a class on celebrity studies, at least do your homework.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm

swsa wrote:Actually, from what I remember, it was that he met a radio dj/entertainment reporter at a party in Vancouver and when realizing what she did for a living, he was all, "You're not Lainey, are you?" The dj herself was the one who told the story a couple years later and she thought it was funny.
Yes, that's how it went! I don't know why it stayed with me that she might have been Asian. Maybe I'm tripping about that part.

Also, I agree about Rooney Mara. She has all the "qualities" she usually appreciates about her girls plus TALENT and she's ripping her apart any chance she gets. So weird.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:35 pm

She seems to have a hate on for most twenty something actresses she sees as competition for Stewart, tbh. I think the only one she seems to out and out like besides Stewart is Emma Stone, and frankly thats probably because they are very different types.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:46 am

That Charisma Carpenter jab was infuriating. I went and read the actual story of what happened and how someone can downplay it is mind boggling.
Also, she is doing an episode show on ID Discovery (she is hosting but her story is just one episode) its not like going out highlighting her suffering and downplaying his other victims. And everyone acknowledges that she helped the police track him down by holding on to evidence. I guess she is only allowed to talk about it if she was actually raped or injured?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

I hope the Buffy fans eat her. And they probably will.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next