Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 20 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm

I googled and he was all over Abbey Lee Kernshaw (from that movie too) and she was in most of the pictures of him and Keough. But you are right. I don't know if its serious but it looks hook uppy. That whole crew is so incestuous though. Keough is good friends with Stewart and the other actress in Mad Max is Zoe Kravitz, Lawrence's best friend.

Its like Skins is real! Not going to lie though I'm rooting for Hoult and JLaw.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 20 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  mrmoo Tue May 07, 2013 10:45 pm

swsa wrote:I think her issue with People and the minivan majority is that she judges them for taking what's dished out and never looking past the glossy surface. They don't know the "real" gossip. But it's ironic because she's as clueless as they are much of the time and is regurgitating what she hears on other sites.

A while back I was at a get-together and a friend who occasionally works in film/tv mentioned some dumb drama on a set he was working on. From the way he was talking it wasn't a secret- people in the industry knew about it and he mentioned it in passing because it made for a somewhat awkward situation on set. The drama showed up on Lainey's site as some souped-up, juicy, insiders-only blind item, and that's when I figured most of her stuff has to be benign or common knowledge when the overdramatic frills are stripped away. Which is fine, but why then would she lord superiority over publications over People Magazine?

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm

I also thought it was odd she was talking about how "Cammie" should hook up with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Uh, he's married...to a pageant queen who was Miss Greenland...and they have two children. Shouldn't a self proclaimed gossip maven know that?

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm

I think the value in anything Lainey had to offer was back when she was more of an outsider to the whole biz, the more entrenched she's become in the legit entertainment news the less I've come to buy into any of her...perspective? She's not like a Michael Musto (though I think she thinks she IS) who is both totally dialed in with real sources and is genuine fixture on the NY gossip circuit, no she straddles the worst of both worlds, she basically crowd internet sources like ONTD, but she's also working for ETalk which is TOTALLY minivan.

I do think Entertainment News is far to asskissy, but weirdly I don't even think People is in the top five offenders, mostly because they aren't even really a celebrity magazine, and don't pretend to be anything other than culture for the masses, unlike Lainey who has an assload of hubris about being cutting edge and super hip and a crusading feminist/moralist to boot.

Uh, he's married...to a pageant queen who was Miss Greenland...and they have two children.

Please she hasn't read the books you GOT nerd.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 pm

And if you profess knowledge of future plot developments you are a know it all!
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 am

Hee, this timing. It looks like TODAY we may get a Lainey column on Hoult and Keough. I wonder if People magazine will jump on it at the same time...
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 am

Nicholas Hoult is going to end up on the list of former Lainey crushes that she now scorns forever because they don't fit in with the fantasy version of them that she had in her head. Just look at Jon Hamm for an example.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 am

She hates Jon Hamm because of the rumours of him messing around on JW, right? Maybe they have an open relationship, or had separated at the time, or maybe he really was cheating. Either way she doesn't know them and can't judge their relationship.

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed May 08, 2013 10:24 am

Yeah, I thought it was strange that she seemed so personally offended by this since it's not like she knows their relationship well enough to know what was going on.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Its weird because she fangirls a lot of other people that seem to have...similar dealings. Her hatred of Franco is so virulent for similar reasons. Like, I think hes ridiculous too (although very good at acting, which is what he probably should concentrate on), but I find most of his pretentiousness hilarious. But she LOATHES him and its because for years he was number one on her freebie five.

And also collect your prize! We got a Lainey column on it. And Lainey we did all care that she was Elvis' granddaughter...five years ago. When that whole to do of her beginning to model happened. And girl, I'd love to see Leo and Jennifer Lawrence in a film together but ain't nobody but you tinhatting that romantically. Personally if shes not gonna get back together with Hoult, I want her to hook up with Chris Evans.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo Wed May 08, 2013 5:02 pm

She detests Adrian Brody for similar reasons- wearing leather pants and buying a castle when he was dating Elsa Pataky and being seen with Paris Hilton. If you're at a function and KK (sorry "Kanye West's girlfriend") or one of the Hiltons tries to socialize with you, what exactly is the correct protocol? "I'm sorry, I can't employ ordinary human decency and talk to you because Lainey will think I'm the scum of the earth".

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

To be fair I think Adrien Brody is kind of gross too. But because he wore a leather track suit and he makes horrible film choices now and just seems REALLY douchey. But I don't hate him. I mostly just am impressed with the swagger Elsa Patacky is got. I maintain she will be the woman that gets Clooney to put a ring on it.

But yes she hates men who she was hot for at one point who turned out to be less than great for whatever reason.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed May 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Kiran wrote:To be fair I think Adrien Brody is kind of gross too. But because he wore a leather track suit and he makes horrible film choices now and just seems REALLY douchey. But I don't hate him. I mostly just am impressed with the swagger Elsa Patacky is got. I maintain she will be the woman that gets Clooney to put a ring on it.

She actually seems really happy with Hemsworth, maybe if only because he seems as interested in being famous as she is (and I ain't judging either of them, honestly. Where would we all be without famewhores?)

Speaking of famewhores, can ANYONE explain the apparently widespread hatred for Minka Kelly? I keep seeing her called a famewhore, but I think I've seen 3 pictures of her and Chris Evans and they've been dating for nearly a year now...so maybe she's just not that good at it? She didn't even drag him to the Met Ball!
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Shes pretty and shes a b/c list actress who has dated more famous men. Therefore she MUST be a famewhore.

Personally I think she seems lovely. I don't think shes a very good actress but she seems fairly low key for a famewhore.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed May 08, 2013 7:32 pm

What made Lainey change her mind on James Franco (other than his just being a douche in general)? I had no idea he was in her Freebie Five or whatever it's called!

She also hates Robert Pattinson, but I think that might be because she thinks he isn't good enough for her female crush KStew. Or she hates his fans. Or both.

I still don't understand her hating Tom Hiddleston, though, no matter how overly friendly he is on Twitter. If I had a choice between Hiddleston and Lainey, I'd take the former any day. Hell, I'd take Franco over Lainey, and he makes me roll my eyes harder than almost anyone.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 pm

She actually likes Hiddleston a lot. She just hates his twitter. I like Tom Hiddleston but I do think sometimes he can be a bit overenthusiastic (I was cringing at the MTV movie awards). But I think in her narrative rather then a super friendly enthusiastic dude she had cast him as a sexy act-or and was disappointed he didn't fit that mold. She does that a lot (she cast Chris Evans as a bro douche and damn it she will not shift from that despite any evidence to the contrary).

She hates James Franco because hes a try hard at being an artiste. Lainey hates Try. Its why she hates Ashley Greene so much even though its Ashley Greene and who even cares about her THAT much.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm

I find the Ashley Greene hate both hilarious and perplexing. I'm not a Twilight lady, so I only know who she is from Lainey's site...does the general public even have any idea who this person is? The way Lainey revels in hating someone with not much of a career to speak of is just...odd. Because, who cares?

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu May 09, 2013 7:54 pm

I think Lainey sees Ashley as trying too hard to be famous, which...she might as well hate 99.9% of Hollywood then, including her own damn self.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri May 10, 2013 11:23 am

Lainey's insistence on acting like Kate Upton had to scam her way into the Met Ball is kind of hilarious in light of this.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am

Isn't it funny how people like Lainey--who are the most preoccupied with who paid their way to get in, or who only got in because they were a "cool kid's" plus one--have no chance of ever getting in? As a plus one, being able to afford 25k for a ticket, or otherwise. If Upton did in fact pay 25k to get in, good on her for being so successful that she can afford to shell out that kind of cash.

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

Heh, that does actually surprise me, she doesn't even really have that fashionista type body Wintour prefers, but I guess she evokes Anna Nicole Smith, with the great brows, the big rack, and the blonde hair, but even then did ANS ever get a Vogue cover? But I do love anything that makes Lainey look out of touch!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Lainey has been looking very much out of touch lately. And very aggressive. Like she's leading this gossip war only she's aware of.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Shes way more savvy than Anna Nicole Smith though and has managed to make herself the most known model probably in the world right now. I'm not hating. Shes a beautiful and weirdly even though its not her wheelhouse I've actually liked the high fashion stuff shes done more then any of her other work.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Bumping to say the article about Emilia Clarke and James Franco is making me giggle. First off, Danaerys' taste is so bad, I think Franco might be too good for it. Second of all, girl, tv Jorah is ...fine. Hes played by a really hot actor and is more sad then anything else, I don't know why you are playing that game with him. And Franco frankly isn't that horrible either. Hes pretentious and a douche but hes talented, a-list, and just starred in a huge movie.

The first two just bother me as a GoT fan, though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 am

Do you report it straight, resist the urge to snark and snide and speculate...about any possible triangle retaliation or, for that matter, zombie movie leverage? Or is that just part of the conversation on celebrity and strategy ...which is... what we do here?
If you are really sitting there wondering if a woman timed her double mastectomy in order to help PR for her partner's film, then I actually feel sorry for you.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next