Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 10 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  Red Wolf Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 am

So, Ryan Reynolds will be in the new Highlander. This is a less than promising sign. I've only seen him in Blade 3, Wolverine, and the Green Lantern trailer, but he comes across as far too upbeat to play the world-weary Connor MacLeod. Anyone familiar with his other work?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

I think he's very good with comedic roles, but fundamentally unsuited to playing the Highlander. If he ends up getting the role, the film is doomed. I don't know why he doesn't go ahead with making a Deadpool movie instead, that's much more up his alley.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 am

I think he'd do the Deadpool movie, if there was one to be made. He was talking about it recently, and how he'd want it to be definitely rated R. But I don't think there's even a script, right now.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm

I think there's a lot of potential with this casting. He's gravitated towards the comedy/snarky roles so much - and he does them so well - that it seems a stretch to think of him playing more dramatic roles. But from what I've seen of him in "Buried" and "The Nines", even "Definitely, Maybe" he can more than handle the serious stuff. I hope the script does allow him a lot of chances to show that - it's too easy to think "Ryan Reynolds!" and immediately start writing snarky shit.

ETA: just thought of the accent angle. That could be...interesting...
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah I think the issue with Reynolds has been more the quality of movies then him. He was good in Safe House, which was actually a good fun action movie.

I don't think the accent will be any worse then whatever Christopher Lambert did. I still love his random line yelling with his natural French accent.

I am however fundamentally opposed to this because I have an unnatural creepy love fo the Highlander.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurker Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:33 pm

I think Reynolds looks a bit too modern to be the Highlander. Christopher Lambert had the kind of face that you could imagine seeing a long time ago. I thought they would go with someone like Kevin McKidd who has the type of face which could be of any time. Reynolds may be too pretty. Things were rougher back then.

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 am

Kevin McKidd? He's too Scottish for a role like this. You need an American who can do a Scottish accent.

Joking aside, yes, he would be perfect.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 pm

I'd watch Kevin McKidd in anything, but he's made for roles where he's impassioned and scruffy. See Gunpowder, Treason and Plot as a prime example.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Kevin McKidd would also have finished off the Kurgan in Medeival Scotland.

I think the Highlander series is the most unsuccessful franchise to be a franchise. Even the first movie flopped.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 am

Darren Aronofsky is building an ark. Allegedly for his Noah movie. I hope it contains the line that many of us thought of. How long can you tread water?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:04 pm

laddical wrote:I think he'd do the Deadpool movie, if there was one to be made. He was talking about it recently, and how he'd want it to be definitely rated R. But I don't think there's even a script, right now.

This might be unpopular, but I really wish Hollywood would stop trying to make Ryan Reynolds happen as a superhero. Really, it's getting old. He should have been Deadpool (which I think would actually work), and then find other stuff to do.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:12 pm

easybreezy wrote:
laddical wrote:I think he'd do the Deadpool movie, if there was one to be made. He was talking about it recently, and how he'd want it to be definitely rated R. But I don't think there's even a script, right now.

This might be unpopular, but I really wish Hollywood would stop trying to make Ryan Reynolds happen as a superhero. Really, it's getting old. He should have been Deadpool (which I think would actually work), and then find other stuff to do.

I kind of wish Hollywood would stop trying to make Ryan Reynolds happen, period. He's like an instant snooze-inducer for me. Of course, I realize that my taste doesn't run to bland beefcake-type guys at all (see that dude who played Capt America, and that dude who was in Avatar).

ETA: re this Highlander casting news...that's just apalling, and I don't even like Highlander.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Marvel announced its upcoming movies last night. They are as follows:

Iron Man 3: No Subtitle (5/13) I will go see this even if it's 2 hours of RDJ reading Dianetics

Thor: The Dark World (11/13) I am pretty optimistic about this except for the fact that they're on what, their third director already?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (4/14) YES YES YES I WANT THIS MOVIE NOW. Um, yup. Excited that they're doing this plot line.

Ant-Man What-fucking-ever.

Guardians of the Galaxy Yes, that's right: instead of a movie led by a woman or character of color, we get one featuring a raccoon with a bazooka. Whoopdy-freaking-doo.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:23 am

Thor: The Dark World (11/13) I am pretty optimistic about this except for the fact that they're on what, their third director already?
Yes, but this latest one is Alan Taylor, who directed half of Game of Thrones season 2 and other HBO stuff. He may not be a big name, but he's good at his work.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:02 am

Ant-Man What-fucking-ever.

I am looking forward to this one, because I've loved all of Edgar Wright's movies so far and am curious to see what he does with a superhero movie.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:Captain America: The Winter Soldier (4/14) YES YES YES I WANT THIS MOVIE NOW. Um, yup. Excited that they're doing this plot line.

I am also super duper excited about this one!
Spoiler:

BTW - can I be amused by how much I've now learned about the Avengers Marvel World due to reading fanfic? Heh.

Although - racoon with a bazooka? WTF?
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Don't care about Guardians and Ant-Man, still pulling for a SHIELD movie.

OOh, I like the idea that Black Widow could show up in new Captain America - can't wait for that one!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 pm

rivki8699 wrote:BTW - can I be amused by how much I've now learned about the Avengers Marvel World due to reading fanfic? Heh.

Hee, yeah, that's where most of my canon knowledge comes from as well. And it's a lot easier to pick up through fic rather than trying to read character/story arc summaries, because those often make everything sound even bugfuck crazier than reading it in a story does.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm bummed out that Amy Heckerling's new movie, Vamps, doesn't look all that great. I love Clueless so much, and I like the 3 leads (Krysten Ritter, Alicia Silverstone & Dan Stevens) in this, but it looks errr...dubious. It might be a decent rental.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm

I love Clueless too but this movie has been in the can for a couple of years and I love Amy Heckerling but she hasn't made a good movie in years.

I will still watch it though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:37 pm

This looks super cheesy. It reminds me of a goofy 80s comedy.

Counterpoint: Dan Stevens.

I'll probably wait till it's available for rental, but I'm still going to watch it.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

If it comes here I would go to it for $5 movie night. Otherwise it looks good for rental. So much cheese, but I love the cheese. Particularly if it doesn't take itself too seriously.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Before Midnight

I'd heard rumors that this was a possibility, but I somehow missed it was a real thing! Let's hope the stink of jerky Ethan Hawke doesn't ruin this.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Ethan Hawke is a jerk but that's been publicly known since he wrote his first book. He is however an excellent actor and one of the ones who makes me forget his public persona when hes on screen. So I am super excited for this.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:02 pm

I don't think I've seen anything of his in ages, not since Before Sunset. Which I love, even though it was SO UNCOMFORTABLE to think that at least some portion of the dialogue was probably based on his relationship with Uma. But he and Julie Delpy are just so adorable together.
(I actually saw that one in a theater next to a retirement community, so it was me and oodles of retired folks who had clearly never seen the first one. But when we were walking out, they were all talking about how much they loved it, and how charming it was. Hopefully the new one can pull it off, too.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next