Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 13 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  laddical Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 pm

So, we're all in agreement on this, then, correct? The only possible choice - Michael Shannon.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue May 07, 2013 12:06 am

Hm, OK, I'll just preemptively hide under the bed until it's over just in case. I'm sure it'll be fine though. *hides under bed*

I think I'd be OK with Jim Parsons though.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:Hm, OK, I'll just preemptively hide under the bed until it's over just in case. I'm sure it'll be fine though. *hides under bed*

I think I'd be OK with Jim Parsons though.

Ugh, he always reads as so smug to me. It could just be because I hate that show - have to admit I've never seen him in anything else.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 am

He feels like a one trick pony to me. Even if he's not actually smug, I just don't see his range extending much beyond Sheldon.

Honestly, if he weren't already playing Walt Disney, the only person I could picture in the role is Tom Hanks.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue May 07, 2013 12:38 am

Agent Sculder wrote:So apparently a bio-pic is going to get made about Mr. Rogers. I love Mr. Rogers so much, and I really REALLY hope it's a good movie. So much is going to depend on getting the right person to play the lead.

Allow me to compose a brief Haiku on the subject:

No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 am

We were just talking about Me Rogers at work last Friday. Those are big shoes to fill...or to portray filling. I think I'd actually want someone unknown in the role.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue May 14, 2013 12:09 am

I just can't shake the feeling that After Earth is meant to be Shyamalan's attempt at a sequel to The Happening.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 am

laddical wrote:I just can't shake the feeling that After Earth is meant to be Shyamalan's attempt at a sequel to The Happening.

I'm just trying to figure out what Will Smith is trying to do with his accent/speech patterns. It's decidedly unnatural, like an alien who is merely mimicking the sounds of English.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 am

All I thought when seeing the trailer a few months ago was that Jaden Smith is really turning out to be a handsome kid. And I was surprised to find that I wanted to see the film even though sci-fi movies don't often appeal to me.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 am

Ugh I find Jaden Smith to be an insufferable brat (like many teenagers). I probably wouldn't see After Earth anyway because M. Night Shyamalan has a lot of ground to make up with his last flops, but Jaden Smith's presence isn't helping matters.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm

I know nothing about him as a person having never actually watched or read interviews of him. I just think he's a very good-looking kid and for some reason, he seems appealing in the trailer. He seems like he could sell that performance.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm

RiverThames wrote:
laddical wrote:I just can't shake the feeling that After Earth is meant to be Shyamalan's attempt at a sequel to The Happening.

I'm just trying to figure out what Will Smith is trying to do with his accent/speech patterns. It's decidedly unnatural, like an alien who is merely mimicking the sounds of English.

Yeah, that bugged me too in the trailer. Also bugging me is his lack of facial hair. Will Smith just does not look like Will Smith without facial hair and for some reason, I can't get past it with him. It doesn't look right, like 1st season Family Ties Steven Keaton, who looks utterly wrong without his beard.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 pm

I have to admit I was intrigued by the trailer. I'm not bothered by the weirdo accents because it is supposed to be in the future, so I can handwave that. I was impressed with Jaden Smith in the trailer and I'm interested to see if he can carry the movie. Most importantly, I noticed that there is a credited co-writer so the possibility exists that this will not entirely suck.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 15, 2013 12:35 am

Hehehe. If you hate the film, Shyamalan will get all your fury, but if it's semi-decent, the co-writer will get your pat on the back. Is that a fair prediction?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Wed May 15, 2013 8:30 am

Cynara wrote:I'm not bothered by the weirdo accents because it is supposed to be in the future, so I can handwave that.

I'm bothered by the weirdo accents because it seems like it was so hard for both actors to use the accent, like each line was so difficult to deliver because they were forcing the accent. I actually am intrigued by the trailer itself, but I don't think I can get past the accents.

I've never actually seen a Shyamalan movie, though. So maybe it's time to break the streak!

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 16, 2013 12:31 am

I loved this book when I was in junior high. I should reread it. I thought there was only one stranger who came to town?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu May 16, 2013 10:53 am

That is an incredibly talented and very pretty cast. And the story sounds intriguing, too! I think I'll be checking out the book while I wait for the film to come out.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 am

puddingcup wrote:I loved this book when I was in junior high. I should reread it. I thought there was only one stranger who came to town?

It's been an age since I read it, but I thought so too. A bit puzzled, but I'm looking forward to this.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I still can't believe that of all the people from the talented Mean Girls cast, Lindsay Lohan has completely gone off the rails, and instead it's Amanda Seyfried enjoying the great selection of roles and projects. I'm excited to see Lovelace, which I hear she's wonderful in, and I look forward to the upcoming adaptation you just linked to, puddingcup!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Ha ha, that's true, though they're doing better than all of the old Heathers, anyway, famewise.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm a bit sad that I haven't seen Lacey Chabert in anything much since MG. I never really watched Party of Five, but the stuff I'd seen of her from that series impressed me. She was pretty young then and emoted and cried so beautifully. She gets major love for being in Not Another Teen Movie, that's for sure!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

puddingcup wrote:I loved this book when I was in junior high. I should reread it. I thought there was only one stranger who came to town?

It's been an age since I read it, but I thought so too. A bit puzzled, but I'm looking forward to this.

Brilliant - that book had a huge impact on me growing up. Though, the two strangers bit gives me horrible Twilight phobia. Please don't make this a love triangle! The whole point of the title was that he might well have been the last man.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 pm

I am very excited for this.

I think Winona Ryder for her issues is doing better than LiLo. She'll always be kinda beloved by people and gets sympathy and roles rather then the "ugh whatever" Lilo is greeted with now.

I think Lacey Chabert is stealthily really religious and thats limited her selection in roles, so she does a lot of voiceover and tv movies.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh, I had no idea she was religious. That definitely limits the sorts of roles she would want to accept. Whatever works for her, I suppose.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

So, I saw the trailer for the new Pitch Black movie, and I'm super excited for it. I generally hate horror, but the first Pitch Black is such an amazing movie. And this one has both Vin Diesel (I love his voice) and Katee Sackoff (love her everything).
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next