Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 20 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:00 am

Similar to Touching the Void, The Summit uses a combination of reconstructions, interviews and actual footage to unravel the mystery behind the disastrous attempt to scale K2 in 2008, where 11 climbers died. I hadn't heard of this until I came across the trailer, which freaked me out. I can't wait for it to come out, because it looks fantastic.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Since Charlie Hunnam decided not to kill his career, the poor saps at Focus Features may as well hire Alex Pettyfer as Christian Grey. That would make how many potential franchises he has brought to a screeching halt?

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 am

Grainne Mhaol wrote:Similar to Touching the Void, The Summit uses a combination of reconstructions, interviews and actual footage to unravel the mystery behind the disastrous attempt to scale K2 in 2008, where 11 climbers died. I hadn't heard of this until I came across the trailer, which freaked me out. I can't wait for it to come out, because it looks fantastic.
Wow, the scenery is amazing and the overall story is gripping, so I'll probably see this. In the theatre if possible, for the panoramas!
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:22 am

So apparently Joseph Gordon Levitt is in talks to direct and star in a 'Sandman' movie adaptation. I like him a lot, but I think the panel Comics Alliance picked there to illustrate that news item was my reaction, pretty much. This is such a doomed property, movie wise, this proposed film will probably get stuck in development hell just like all the others, but I'm still interested to see what people think about it.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:52 am

I'm so over Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I'm tired of seeing him on the short list for *everything*.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am

Unspoiler for Gone Girl: they changed the ending, and reconstructed the whole story. Given how I felt about the book, this could be a really GOOD thing. Like someone on my Twitter feed hopefully offered can we hope for a
Spoiler:

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:33 pm

I thought the ending was what anchored the whole book, to be honest - that the author didn't go for the expected ending was something I quite liked. I had a few minor issues with the book but the ending wasn't one of them.

I've been reading a few articles lately about the re-write and my feeling at this point is, depending on how much and in what way the ending and the events leading up to it are changed, it might end being different story entirely that's filmed and not the book. I totally understand that all books are tweaked (to a greater or lesser extent) when they're adapted for the screen, but to really alter the ending on this one is, IMO, changing a very fundamental part of the story itself. The author chose to play out the story in the way she did for the book - that's the story and the characters, for better or worse. For me, a lot of the impact of the book came from the ending. To have it be more typical or expected would be a shame, I think (if that's the direction they end up going in, of course).
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:40 am

The ending made me SO ANGRY when I first read it. Like throw the book across the room angry. But after I sat with it for a while, I realized it made sense. I hope she
Spoiler:
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 pm

I heard about the re-write as well and I really hope
Spoiler:
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 pm

I totally get why people (my entire book club, for example) hate the ending, but I really liked it because it was the only way I could think of to make sure
Spoiler:

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 am

Am I the only one hugely surprised by Neil Patrick Harris' casting? (He'll be great, though.) I pictured Desi as a South Asian!  It didn't occur to me that it could be short for Desmond.

Fincher is very wise to change the ending.  He can't fuck this up after the quite good but bloodless Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.  While Gone Girl's finale was shocking, sneaky and ironic (not least because
Spoiler:
it is also very literary.  

When I read the book I couldn't work out how the ending would film without seeming too cutesy and pat for its own good.  The ending was successful in the novel because of the sudden and severe adrenaline crash, which does not work on film as viewers are forced respond immediately and have no chance to contemplate.  After such a venomous and tortuous plot,  audiences will be pissed.  In a film that it will appear as more a cliffhanger than an ending after events that have audiences wanting blood, anyone's blood.  I was guessing
Spoiler:
as well!  But unless Affleck is exaggerating (and he probably is), Flynn is rewriting the entire third act, however the puzzle pieces are changed, at least she is still in charge.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:35 am

Are we sure Labor Day didn't get lost on its way to the Hallmark Channel? I kept waiting for the trailer to tell us it was "based on the bestselling Lonely Housewives Book Club book." Kate Winslet, you are better than this!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 am

I kept waiting for "Based on the Nicholas Sparks best seller!"

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Drew at Hitfix sort of suggests that all this talk about a different ending may be overblown, because the whole plot has to be restructured to make it cinematic. I'm still not clear on exactly what this means for the ending, but I appreciate the perspective of how much work it must be to adapt a book that relies on the written word so much for the screen. This is Gillian Flynn's first screenplay, right? Sounds like a hell of a task.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Jason Reitman has done good work with less than stellar novels before, but I think Labor Day may break his streak. The novel, while beautifully written in some sections, really is pretty terrible and I find the situation that gets the story rolling essentially unbelievable as written. From what I've seen in the trailers and while they were filming at my library he hasn't really changed it much, so I don't have a high hopes. Then again, I've heard that both Winslet and Gattlin Griffith really sell it, so I hope I'm wrong.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:12 pm

So it IS based on a crappy book! I knew it!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Labor Day is Oscar bait that isn't being released nationally until Super Bowl weekend, two weekends after the Oscar nominations would have been announced. The studio knows they have a have a turkey on their hands and all those ads with that Rihanna song can't save it.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 pm

inversed wrote:So it IS based on a crappy book! I knew it!
I was just reading a plot synopsis and jesus, it's like Days of Our Lives level of drama shenanigans.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 pm

I've SEEN it. Its AWFUL. Like SO BAD. And I REALLY like Reitman's previous films. I have since Thank You For Smoking. BUT JUST AWFUL.

Like what a letdown from Young Adult. Also the cast is wasted. They are good but...no one could make this work.
Spoiler:
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Kiran, does the film include the kid talking to a librarian at the circulation desk? That's my co-worker, in what would have been my part if not for wardrobe issues.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah it does. Be glad you are only second hand associated with this hot ass mess.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Noah looks like the worst movie ever. It's like they're trying to turn a bible story into 300. I think I'd be more offended that they've managed to whitewash Jews out of biblical stories, if it didn't look quite so bad.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Whenever I see the commercial I start singing the Ned Flanders Noah song: "God said to Noah, build yourself an arkie-arkie." Russel Crowe singing that would be the only saving grace for the film. That and if the voice of God tells him to build a big room for poo.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 am

rivki8699 wrote:Noah looks like the worst movie ever. It's like they're trying to turn a bible story into 300. I think I'd be more offended that they've managed to whitewash Jews out of biblical stories, if it didn't look quite so bad.

While the lack of melanin in sword and sandals movies is pretty endemic, I don't think the word "Jew" would technically apply to any of these characters, as they predate Abraham.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah, I agree. It happens so early in Genesis and the place of occurrence is rather vague.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next