Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Saga

+38
Gillian
naughty zoot
bookworm
QueenSix
Agent Sculder
Fraoch
Grainne Mhaol
Eris Rising
blixie
The Glen
Count_Bloodcount
ActonBell
Jamie
Binky
Putli Bai
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
inversed
ulkis
Matinee
RiverThames
Melk
Paris, Texas
sagitare
Case
particle_person
katbeth
xyzzy
vwlphb
big chicken
Carrie Ann
punzy
DarkSpork
Luthien
Wildog27
laddical
Red Wolf
The Dude
42 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Star Wars Saga - Page 5 Empty Re: The Star Wars Saga

Post  laddical Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:33 pm

TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER!

That shot of the Falcon is going to be vertigo inducing in 3D on the big screen.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Naturally they waited until I went to bed to release that trailer. Oh well, it was still awesome!

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:23 am

I swore I would never give Star Wars another chance, but I really enjoyed The Clone Wars and I think that JJ Abrams will make a fun movie. This trailer looked awesome, and I'm stoked.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Were any of the original three in the trailer? I want to see the move but I don't think I can handle seeing too much of Luke or Leia. All I see are MH and CF instead of the characters. Harrison Ford for some reason I'm fine with.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:32 pm

No, none of the three were in the teaser, which has been a sore point amongst fans.

Among all the other sore points amongst fans.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 pm

I would call myself a big fan, but some other big fans are just too fucking picky. It's still a year until the movie comes out, there will be plenty of time for the original cast to pop up in trailers. Actually, I expect this to be a torch-passing movie, with at least one member of the originals to die.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 pm

No, none of the three were in the teaser, which has been a sore point amongst fans.

Among all the other sore points amongst fans.

shocking, heh.

oh man I hope they stay away from killing one of them, but if they do do one it should be Han. Or they'll probably kill off Chewie, heh.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 am

I think Harrison Ford would be quite happy for Han to die. But not Chewie! Not after he escaped Sernpidal and all! I want Chewie to live. Give him a happy ending, let him retire back to Kashyyyk.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 am

Unless they can think of a better way to use him than the post-ROTJ Expanded Universe did, I'm all for Chewie dying, especially if it's in as epic and selfless a way as he did in Vector Prime.

Honestly, of the Main Three, I'd prefer to see Luke bite it, especially if we're not going to be allowed to have Mara Jade anymore.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:49 am

Red Wolf wrote:I think Harrison Ford would be quite happy for Han to die. But not Chewie! Not after he escaped Sernpidal and all! I want Chewie to live. Give him a happy ending, let him retire back to Kashyyyk.

Just in time for Life Day!

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:15 am

I liked Mara Jade at first, but the more her rough edges were smoothed out and the more she was shoved together with Luke, the less I liked her. She's good fun in the Thrawn trilogy, and never like that again. Not even in further Zahn books.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 am

The Dude wrote:
Red Wolf wrote:I think Harrison Ford would be quite happy for Han to die. But not Chewie! Not after he escaped Sernpidal and all! I want Chewie to live. Give him a happy ending, let him retire back to Kashyyyk.

Just in time for Life Day!

heee.

I mean, I was thinking Han just because he's the oldest, and I feel like if they killed Luke off, it would take up too much attention in the movie, but at the same time, he's gonna be like the Obi-Wan of the sequels - if he doesn't get out of the way, there's too much potential for him to be a dues ex machina or to take too much attention away from the new folks.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:30 pm

"Chewie... we're home."

TRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILERTRAILER!

My daughter, when Han showed up: "DADDY! You made me deaf!" Hell yes I did, girl! That's HAN FUCKING SOLO!

Ahem. More later, when my brains are put back inside my head.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 pm

God damn it the footage wasn't supposed to give me NEW HOPE. (sorrynotsorry!) I literally teared up and cheered silently in my head because I'm at work.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm not even that much of a fan in comparison to other franchises that I'm fond of, and I still gasped and cheered.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 pm

I would have thought that the prequels would have killed any lingering optimism I had about the future of this franchise. So why is it that I'm SO DAMN EXCITED by that trailer? Damn you Star Wars.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Not that bit of a fan of the original trilogy either, though I sat through the prequels for some reason. The first teaser did nothing for me, not being interested in droids and lightsabers, but this looks really epic. I could not be more excited.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Loathe the prequels, love the originals, kind of curious but indifferent to the newest movie...until I saw the trailer today. I squealed and clapped my hands at the last shot of Han and Chewie. And then I immediately ran into the other room and made my husband (who's a total fan boy) watch the trailer. And then we watched it again with our 7-year-old, who was also loving it. As my husband said, "This year, eff Santa Claus and presents -- we're spending Christmas in the movie theatre." I'm alllllllll in.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 pm

JJ really does want us to have the best Christmas ever.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:11 am

It's funny, I'm looking forward to this movie, but not the original actors in it? I'm looking forward to the new people

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 am

I think Han is the only one who's going to have any appreciable screentime. No spoilers, just a feeling since we've really heard nothing about Mark and Carrie.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 am

That trailer is certainly squee inducing. Can't wait to see it up on the big screen! (I've heard it's going to be in front of Age of Ultron, but I have no idea if that is true.)

I know everyone hates on the prequels, but I will stand by my contention that Revenge of the Sith is a good movie. The problem with the prequels (as far as I'm concerned) was that George Lucas had about 1 1/2 movies worth of plot that he stretched into three films. The smart thing would have been to let someone else do the screenplays based on his ideas. As everyone knows, George is great when it comes to ideas, but terrible at dialogue.

For me, Sith works because the story was straight forward. Why did this very powerful Jedi go so bad, so quickly? And while it did have a couple of moments I didn't like, it's mostly really good. I have been known to start with Revenge of the Sith and then binge watch my way from that through the original trilogy.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Revenge of the Sith is definitely the best of the prequels, but it just falls off so badly at the end. Padme dying of a broken heart in her absurd metal birthing skirt thing is beyond ridiculous, and I just cannot with Darth Vader throwing his hands up and yelling 'nooooooooo'.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

the teaser cuts off Han in midsentence. He really says "Chewy we're home... just in time for Life Day."
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Why do you hate us, Dude?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content