Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 10 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

I think it's funny that she says:

Apatow got three, one of which is a blatant advert for his upcoming film This is 40.

And then wonders why Megan Fox is in it and says it's suspicious that Leslie Mann is front and center, um know both of these things are because it's promotion for This is 40.

And

people who are indebted to him (Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph)

I would think Lorne Michaels might have something to say about that.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 10 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:13 pm

blixie wrote:
I don't disagree with the basic idea that he probably used the issue to toot his own horn, but I'm pretty sure VF probably knew that when they asked him, and signed off on his decisions. Also Judd owns his arrogance and ego in such a hilarious way I mostly forgive him. Because he also owns his failures, he never pretends the business is about nice or fair or good, though I believe he mostly aims for all three.

And that's why I don't mind Apatow. He owns his shit. I have more tolerance and affection for people who do that instead of people who deny their faults and failings up and down.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm

biakbiak wrote:I think it's funny that she says:
people who are indebted to him (Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph)
I would think Lorne Michaels might have something to say about that.
Wow. I just looked back at Amy Poehler's resume to see if I'd forgotten something from early in her career, but nope! Sarah seems to be giving more weight to THREE EPISODES of Undeclared than to three seasons of the Upright Citizens Brigade and nine seasons of SNL, not to mention four seasons on Conan. ALSO I mean, she basically co-ran UCB, which is in itself a comedian-writer-actor-factory. On the same note, Maya Rudolph has only ever really worked "with" Judd on Bridesmaids (where he was just a producer), so her career path has nothing to do with him.

And Kristen Wiig wrote Bridesmaids, so is the argument that she "owes" Judd something for being the producer of a monster hit of HER OWN MAKING? Seems like they came out even there. I mean, she appeared in Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall too, but I don't think those are star-making roles. She made her own way by being the key player on SNL for the past few years (since Amy and Maya left, actually) and then writing a great movie, getting it made, and starring in it. Way to utterly ignore these women's own role in their success. Obviously it must have been because of some guy!

(As far as Will Ferrell goes - at most, I would say their relationship has been mutually beneficial, but would lean more toward Will helping Judd's career than vice versa.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 pm

That entire article smacked to me like she had submitted a pilot pitch to Judd Apatow and had it rejected.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Bumping to say Lainey has really been railing at Drew Barrymore for posing for her child for People and saying its beneath her, but I recall Gwyneth Paltrow did the same thing. As did Brangelina (though they didn't do an article but still). It just seems a weird thing to declare that its something only the Albas of the world do.

Also Sarah needs to step off Superman. For some reason her saying Superman is boring as a character is especially egregious to me because I have (like a lot of people in this thread) long doubted her actual superhero/comics knowledge.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Does Lainey know any women with children? Because I'll be honest: pretty much everyone I know has heard how dilated I was when I finally realized I was actually in labor. And everyone who's heard the birds & bees talk knows that kid didn't come out of Megan Fox's belly button, so I'm not sure why she's supposed to play coy about what childbirth was like? Lainey's shrieking horror about anything pregnancy-related reveals a lot more about her than any of the celebs she covers.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Especially since Lainey regularly talks about how she doesn't wear underwear and the state of her bowel movements.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Because I'll be honest: pretty much everyone I know has heard how dilated I was when I finally realized I was actually in labor. And everyone who's heard the birds & bees talk knows that kid didn't come out of Megan Fox's belly button, so I'm not sure why she's supposed to play coy about what childbirth was like? Lainey's shrieking horror about anything pregnancy-related reveals a lot more about her than any of the celebs she covers.

And honestly it's something almost everyone asked me about after I had had my baby -- I'm rather shy about sharing info for fear of being too TMI in most situations, but something about childbirth has people asking about every little gory detail.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Especially since Lainey regularly talks about how she doesn't wear underwear and the state of her bowel movements.

And she showers at least two, sometimes three times a day, but doesn't wash her hair more than once or twice a week. Not that any one of these things is that big a deal, but all together, we definitely know a lot of details about her, it's funny.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:28 pm

SERIOUSLY. Between her last post about how she doesn't wash her hair very often, to the point that she worries it may be stinky and offensive and now hearing that she goes commando, I just really have even LESS desire to ever meet this woman.

But mostly I came here to say, Really??? Blake Lively is one of your "winners" of 2012? For what? She got married. She had no big film successes. She hasn't vaulted onto the A-list for actresses her age. Her continued fascination with her for no real reason is totally baffling.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Also, I want to know why she thinks Martha Stewart Weddings is SUCH a big deal.
And now we wait, impatiently, to see them in Martha Stewart Weddings, a spread that will make every celebrity PEOPLE Magazine wedding look like cheap sh-t in comparison.
Yes the paper it's printed on will be nicer, but it's not like you're going to be getting that many photos or anything in a MS Wedding spread. Maybe if it was on like Style Me Pretty with a full slideshow, but I don't think that's going to be the case.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

And does she honestly think everyone is DYING to be featured in Martha Stewart Weddings but are being turned away? Because I LOVE Martha, but I'm fairly sure that just about any B or C-list celeb would be embraced by her if they allowed her to use them as a marketing tool.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Heh now, Blake did sidestep In Style Weddings, so SUPER savvy winner right there.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Sarah writing a whole article about John Krasinski's first tweet without realizing that Jimmy Kimmel created the twitter for him and tweeted his first tweet on air is annoying me. Its just so presumptious.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Kiran wrote:Sarah writing a whole article about John Krasinski's first tweet without realizing that Jimmy Kimmel created the twitter for him and tweeted his first tweet on air is annoying me. Its just so presumptious.

Aaaaand she's doubled down on being a jerk about it. Dude, it's John Krazinski, professional doofball. I'm not sure exactly what she wanted from his twitter, but she's certainly pressed as fuck that she didn't get it.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I think because he writes screenplays she really wants him to be this certain type of guy, while shes conveniently forgetting hes also a Nancy Myers regular who made his name by playing Jim on the Office and is best friends with Jimmy Kimmel.

I also think mostly? Shes pressed as fuck people called her out on how the twitter started and she wanted to be like NO BUT LOOK MY POINT STANDS and is reaching.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Shes pressed as fuck people called her out on how the twitter started and she wanted to be like NO BUT LOOK MY POINT STANDS and is reaching.

She compared the people who corrected her to Twihards, which is funny since isn't she a gigantic KStew fangirl?
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 pm

And look, I get it. I was horrified by Tom Hiddleston’s Twitter (still kind of am). It’s always a little bit of a letdown when they’re not as cool as we want them to be
What's her issue with Tom Hiddleston, of all people? From what I've seen of him, he's always seemed lovely on Twitter. Am I missing something?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Her and Lainey get second hand embarassment from his enthusiasm.

I think he seems lovely, if dorky but that is not a bad thing, but the only time I was offended by it was that time he dressed up like a cholo. I do worry that hes the type who is going to get stabbed by a crazed fan because he was too nice to tell them to go away. But that doesn't give me the weird hatred for it they have.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 pm

How the hell do you hate Hiddleston's twitter? There's nothing wrong with a bit of squee over things. It makes me smile that there are people enjoying shit unironically.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Sometimes his crazy fans and how hes so nice to them makes me uncomfortable. More because I am like DUDE DON'T ENCOURAGE THE STABBERS.

But that isn't the same thing, I don't think.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Y'all, we are just incapable of recognizing Blake Lively's genius. I mean, imagine Martha Stewart magazine focusing on silly details like flowers, cake, and food? Whoever would've predicted that this would be the focal point for Martha?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm

swsa wrote:Y'all, we are just incapable of recognizing Blake Lively's genius. I mean, imagine Martha Stewart magazine focusing on silly details like flowers, cake, and food? Whoever would've predicted that this would be the focal point for Martha?

I honestly doesn't even understand what she's on about anymore. Blake Lively is barely, barely clinging to the C-list and Ryan Reynolds doesn't seem to give a shit about publicity, so...I'm just not seeing a brilliant plan anywhere, sorry.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:05 pm

The thing is, I even LIKE Blake. But Lainey's take on her is so removed from what I see as reality that I just read her columns with my jaw dropped. I mean, calling this magazine an "event"? Other than the day after the wedding when people were curious about the dress, I haven't heard anyone besides Lainey talking about this. She and Ryan Reynolds were in an infamously bad and franchise killing movie, and they don't seem to have much going on now. But apparently they're Brangelina Jr. and we just can't see the subtlety in Blake's game.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure how many people were actually writing to Lainey, sharing that they, too, we're breathlessly awaiting some paradigm-shifting Martha Stewart Weddings cover. It's totally old news now, who really gives a crap besides Lainey? One could argue that, as far as "playing the fame game" goes, waiting so long and the putting pictures out during the holidays is kinda a lousy play for someone as middling as Blake Lively. What if there's a Brangelina wedding?

Last edited by sobe on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next