Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscars 2012

+59
Crowbridge
KaveDweller
The Dude
SNeaker
Agent Sculder
Instant Monkeys
Coneycat
Fraoch
Case
dionneshea
Esme
mokey75
MichiSichi
bbridges
Unlucky Bear
Jessica
vidor
MaddyCat
Jamie
punkysdilemma
caerbannog
TiffanyNichelle
mrinsouciance
ulkis
Luthien
curryalley
Matinee
bookworm
naughty zoot
ActonBell
Auroura76
jcpdiesel21
sen3
RiverThames
big chicken
Paris, Texas
PrincessCleo
eventide82
Eris Rising
swsa
blixie
Miss Moneypenny
Pumpkin Cake
jennlynnster
Algae
Shalamar
whatthedeuce
Poubelle
particle_person
Binky
jensa
Putli Bai
year of the cat
Kiran
mo pie
Jasmine
laddical
biakbiak
queenofdenile
63 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Oscars 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Oscars 2012

Post  QueenSix Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Putli Bai wrote:I'm the one who originally suggested Hanks, but I'd co-sign on RDJ as well.

I think the reason I enjoyed Hugh Jackman so much is that he seemed to be having such a good time doing it.

He really did! Plus I read that during the commercial breaks, he stayed on stage joking with the audience to keep the buzz going. But then he is a consummate professional and a shining example to us all!!!
Ahem. Sorry about that. I got a bit carried away with my Hugh Jackman fangirl-ness there. But I did think he did a great job. I mean, any song medley that ends with him belting out "I am Wolverine!" gets douze points* in my book.

Tom Hanks would be a good choice too because he isn't super surly or serious about his image and is able to play along with jokes, and he knows (I assume) most of the people who make up the first few rows of the audience so it might be a bit easier to razz on them a bit. RDJ would be great too for the same reasons.

*Eurovision reference because it's getting to that time of year again.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I actually think they could get away with no host. They could easily give the presenters a little more to do, and have a voice over introduce them when they come out.

The only issue is the opening number, but they could recruit people to participate in that, some kind of group performance. They wouldn't need to be involved in anything after that. Because really, the host coming back every few minutes just adds time to the show.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 am

QueenSix wrote:
Putli Bai wrote:I'm the one who originally suggested Hanks, but I'd co-sign on RDJ as well.

I think the reason I enjoyed Hugh Jackman so much is that he seemed to be having such a good time doing it.

He really did! Plus I read that during the commercial breaks, he stayed on stage joking with the audience to keep the buzz going. But then he is a consummate professional and a shining example to us all!!!
Ahem. Sorry about that. I got a bit carried away with my Hugh Jackman fangirl-ness there. But I did think he did a great job. I mean, any song medley that ends with him belting out "I am Wolverine!" gets douze points* in my book.

I just rewatched it. Yeah, bring Hugh back. He's got the stuff.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 am

Definitely. Hugh's charming, multi-talented, and - I'm assuming - good at thinking on his feet because of all his experience with live theatre.

It doesn't hurt that he's handsome as hell. I'd gladly look at him for three-plus hours.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

RiverThames wrote:
QueenSix wrote:

I just rewatched it. Yeah, bring Hugh back. He's got the stuff.
Hehehe! Thanks for the link - I forgot just how awesome that was.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Seth McFarlane is next year's host.

I don't really like him, but I do think he's going to hurt a lot of sensitive celebrity feelings, which I DO like.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 pm

FOX shows usually run repeats on Oscar night, right? Because I can't imagine that Seth McFarlane's key demo would rather watch Seth McFarlane perform at the Oscars than watch Seth McFarlane's animated sitcoms.

I have mixed feelings on the man AND his work, but like Binky, I am looking forward to him hurting some Hollywood fee-fees.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm

I enjoyed Ted but felt guilty about it? I really am not a fan of his animated programs, though I do think they can be clever at times, BUT I do think he himself is weirdly amusing and a good song and dance man. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his SNL hosting. So while I'm not a fan, and have issues with him and his humor, I do think he will be a capable host.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 pm

For me anything is better than James Franco or yet another Billy Crystal appearance and I was pumped for Eddie Murphy to host so yeah, let's do this. Plus he loves all that song and dance stuff,
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 am

I think that it's the kind of reasonably fresh thinking and youth-oriented nod that they've been needing for some time now. As to whether or not it will work, I have no idea, but he stands a good chance of being a decent host.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:44 am

Binky wrote:Seth McFarlane is next year's host.

I don't really like him, but I do think he's going to hurt a lot of sensitive celebrity feelings, which I DO like.
I wonder if he'll last longer than Ratner.

I dispise him too.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:58 am

I'll say this for Macfarlane: He's not a hack, like Ratner. They may both be misogynistic schmucks who shouldn't be allowed the platforms they're given, but at least Macfarlane is genuinely talented.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:47 am

Seth is hosting, not producing like Ratner was suppos to.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9